Here's my premise:
For every love story that ends in "... and they lived happily ever after..."
There are at least 10 that do not.
It may begin with a small suspicion, which leads to the sobering acceptance that your partner, "little Miss Sunshine" may have a Dark Side.
Or it could be that his latest transgression finally exposes your "Mr. Right" to be anything but.
Regardless of the particular duration, intensity, or circumstances, these stories invariably end in heartbreak, or worse. This is the soundtrack...
Guitar solos in Blue
"Still got the Blues for You" ... Gary Moore
Sweet encounter, you hit it off right away. You hook up and make plans to start a romantic adventure with all good intentions. This period is easy, exhilarating,
Used to be so easy to give my heart away
But I found out the hard way
There's a price you have to pay
I found out that love was no friend of mine
I should have known time after time
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
Used to be so easy to fall in love again
But I found out the hard way
It's a road that leads to pain
I found that love was more than just a game
You're playin' to win, but you lose just the same
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
So many years since I've seen your face
Here in my heart, there's an empty space
Where you used to be
So long, it was so long ago
But I've still got the blues for you
Though the days come and go
There is one thing I know
I've still got the blues for you
No comments:
Post a Comment